Pre Med Summer Camps AP Biology Summer Program
For students interested in a career in medicine, or who will be taking biology coursework – including the AP test – this pre med summer camps AP biology summer program is absolutely required. Our course combines the best ideas of pre med summer camps and AP biology summer program into one amazing two-week course.
We will study the current world in terms of the study and practice of medicine and the delivery of health care. We will examine and closely identify the course of study that leads a high school student through undergraduate studies, to medical school, and until finally entering the healthcare field. From biology, chemistry, and anatomy we will learn about the various areas of study that relate to modern health care study.
There are many miracles of health care and medical technology and engineering that come across the media every day. We will look at the forces driving this development and understand the practical effects and uses of this industry. Our pre med summer camps AP biology summer program is designed to give our students the chance to look into their own future and help to figure out how they will be a part of that world.
Program highlights and details:
* Hands-on interactive investigation of heart rate and blood pressure informs classwork on the circulatory system
* Dissection of a pig’s heart, sheep’s eye, and fetal pigs.
* Macro-invertebrate River Sampling Lab to take samples to understand and study how macro-invertebrates are indicator species for freshwater ecosystem health
* Lab data management and data entry.
* Professional lab practice for collecting, recording, graphing, and conveying data
* Transfusion Matching with Synthetic Blood Kit. Students act as if they are clinical blood technicians in a hospital emergency room. Can they supply the medical team with the correct blood-type information to save the life of an accident victim? The simulated agglutination reactions are extremely realistic. Safety Note: Kit contains no blood, blood products, or materials of biological origin; there is no danger of disease transmission.
The AP Biology Test: Many of the students who will take this course will be taking the AP Bio test during their high school years. We will be using the AP test prep materials, studying for and doing work towards that test. Our work will be both in the classroom and also in the field as we prep for this. This course is not simply an AP Bio test prep class; but working on, looking at, and de-mystifying the exam are all part of what this course is about.
Like all of our courses, this major is hands-on. Get ready to put on lab coats and safety goggles and do actual lab work in a College-level science lab! We won’t be sitting in lecture halls all day; we won’t be doing boring CPR training; this program is more advanced than that. You do not need prior experience in Biology, Chemistry, or anything else to attend thispre med summer camps and AP biology summer program. Just bring a good attitude and a curious mind!